Projects Shone Under Pelsan Aydınlatma's Light during the First and Only Led Contest of Turkey
Finalist Projects of the 3RD LED and LED Lighting Project Contest held under the Main Sponsorship of PELSAN AYDINLATMA competed on Friday, September 28TH.
Total of 32 projects, 19 from the university students and 13 from the professionals of the sector, were sent to the contest, which has contributed increasing of production and R&D studies as well as brought students interested in the sector together with professionals of the industry. Total of 15 projects that qualified for the finals after the first assessment, were presented to all industrialists and academicians interested in LED at Project Exhibition throughout the fair. On the final day, academic and industry board assessed the projects. Chairmanship of the Industry Board was undertaken by Reşit GÖĞÜŞ, Chairman of the Board of Pelsan Aydınlatma.
Yurdem Göğüş Çoruhlu, who is the deputy general director of Pelsan Aydınlatma Responsible from Marketing and made opening speech of the final day of the contest said:
"We tried to give all of best support as PELSAN AYDINLATMA to the LED contest that was organized for the 3RD time this year. We believe that it is our owe as the pioneers of the industry to support all initiatives striving from making these kinds of differences in LED issue, which has started to enter all stages of our lives with energy saving and long service life, which are described as a revolution in the lighting history."
Göğüş stating that the lighting market is rapidly proceeding towards energy saving and smart lighting, said that opportunities have emerged for those who managed to use LED well and with quality and those, who used it bad and unconsciously would constitute a risk for the stakeholders and listed the opportunities as follows;
• Today, our planet needs energy saving more than ever before. Lighting is a very important player in energy saving...The lighting industry has the chance to perform its part with LED technology.
• Today, the nature needs to be protected more than ever before. We, the lighting companies, have the opportunity to be environment friendly with LED technology that does not create heat and release carbon.
• Today, lighting is referred with design and aesthetics more than its function of day timing the darkness of the night. We are getting the opportunity to make the lighting to become an important element of architecture with LED technology.
• We can play games with light thanks to LED. We can change colour indefinitely, dim them and create scenarios. LED creates us huge opportunities in terms of controlling the light.
• Lighting companies have become closer with electronic more than ever before. LED technology offers brand new opportunities arising from the combination of electricity and electronic.
• Today, we can get the return of investment in a very short period in lighting projects. This is a great opportunity that has been brought to us for expanding the lighting market.
Along with these opportunities, Göğüş listing the measures taken by PELSAN AYDINLATMA for preventing any risk to be constituted by this new invention to the lighting sector, said
• LED has significantly more components that traditional lighting devices. We do not use any low quality, out of standard and cheap products.
• Some problems are encountered in forming the standards since the lighting companies have not fully got closer with the electronic and electronic lighting companies. In this process we;
• Renewed our R&D department by recruiting various consultants.
• Established a design team.
• Renewed our laboratory in a manner that we can be accredited. Added devices with which we can perform test special for electricity.
•Established electronics facility and manufactured our fist prototypes.
• Have expanded our engineering staff with electronic engineering.
• Turkey has the risk to become a LED junk and we are worried about it. LED use is exaggerated due to the aesthetic stimulations which we do not have. Istanbul's historical silhouette, buildings turn from purple to blue, from red to pink. We put the principle that the project to be made will conform to its structure, environment, history and architecture at the first place among the principles and values of our project department.
Göğüş, giving examples of innovations made by Pelsan in 30 years, said "Youth means innovation. We, as the new generation executives of PELSAN AYDINLATMA, aim to build a solid ship with all stakeholders of the lighting sector and to make TURKEY a regional power in lighting by proceeding together."
•We have undertaken illumination of Gaziantep Castle which is a cultural heritage of 1000 years. We formed commissions for similar responsibility projects.
• For our new R&D department and laboratories, we visited our universities and obtained opinions of academicians at first.
• We started various studies with relevant departments of the Universities and tried to ensure Industry-Academy-Student unity.
3. RESULTS OF LED AND LED LIGHTING CONTEST
1. H.Galip YURTTAŞ, Sercan ÖZDUMANLAR, Celal Zaim ÇİL, Göknur CAMBAZ - COLOUR PERCEPTION SYSTEM WITH LED-
2. Hasan H.KARA, Barış ÜNLÜ, Kubilay SAKARYA, Cengiz ÖZGEN - LED BASED SURGICAL INTERVENTION LAMP -
3. Cem YALÇIN, Fırat Cem YÜCEL - NAVIGATION AND MARKING WITH LED -
PELSAN AYDINLATMA IN LED SECTOR:
Pelsan Aydınlatma, having completed its 30TH year in the industry this year, has speeded up its investments in LED Lighting area for the last 5 years. With the R&D department that has been restructured 2 years ago, electronic facility that entered into service last year, new laboratory with the area of 1000 m2, which is one of very few largest laboratories in lighting industry and its research center, it is ready for welcoming the era of electronics in lighting.
Pelsan Aydınlatma offering many alternatives to the consumer by having more than 3000 products under its product range, has speeded up production in LED products category and has managed to add new system LED Fixtures created with the R&D and design team while performing LED transformation of more than 40 different products in many fields such as road and street fixtures, downlights, spots, projectors, fuel station fixtures, park-garden fixtures until now. In these activities, ensuring energy efficiency, cresting lighting shapes that meets the eye and their contribution to economy are considered.